Matt’s friendly, approachable attitude and outgoing nature translates into a team member anyone can get along with. He cares about his teammates and clients and loves building genuine relationships. Matt’s positive state of mind — combined with his strong work ethic and attention to detail — helps him prioritize clients first while producing quality work.
Matt started his career in 2015 and primarily served public sector clients, including municipalities, governmental organizations, and investment pools for state pensions following statutory guidance, including GFOA Certificate filers. Since joining Cohen & Company in 2022, he has focused on the investment industry. Matt has experience auditing several different types of funds, including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, private funds and closed-end interval funds. He also has additional experience serving insurance clients.
- Cohen & Company team manager; serves as a mentor in the firm’s mentorship program; actively involved in development and support for remote employees
- Connecticut Society of CPAs (New & Young Professional Cabinet Member, Advisory Board Member)
- American Institute of CPAs
- EY Above and Beyond Award for Mentoring and Motivation
- Connecticut Society of CPAs Candidate’s Award
Matt lives in Windsor, Connecticut, with his wife, kids and two dogs. When he isn’t participating in or watching sports, Matt is likely spending time at a craft brewery, attending a concert or working on his golf game. He also enjoys traveling, and his favorite spot is Puerto Rico.