Kim’s attention to detail, organizational skills and proactive approach to tax planning leaves her clients confident that opportunities are addressed when they should be — well in advance of tax season.
Kim focuses on tax issues primarily relating to the real estate industry, including commercial, industrial, self-storage and multi-family, as well as real estate funds; clients renting telecommunications equipment; and clients structured as partnerships that fall into many other industries. Kim assists clients with complex restructuring transactions, including the purchase/sale of assets and ownership interests, buyouts between owners, issuance of ownership interests and debt restructuring transactions. Other areas of expertise include like-kind exchanges, partnership transactions, exit strategies, disguised sale transactions, waterfall allocations and transactions, and UPREIT and REIT transactions.
- Cohen & Company Board Member and team leader; leads the firm’s Partnership Tax Group
- American Institute of CPAs (Partnership Taxation Technical Resource Panel)
- Akron Walk to End Alzheimer’s (Chair)
- Habitat for Humanity of Summit County (Past President, Past Treasurer)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of Akron (Past President)
- Kent State University Accounting Advisory Council
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Leadership Akron (Class of 2012)
- Crain’s Cleveland Business Notable Women in Real Estate; Greater Akron Chamber 30 for the Future award
Kim resides in Copley, Ohio, with her husband and their daughter. She enjoys gardening, traveling and working on home improvement projects. Kim is hands-on when it comes to sprucing up her home, including taking on a daunting project like planting an entirely new yard complete with landscaping.