Clients benefit from Brian's drive, knowledge and understanding of their core issues. From accounting advice that improves operating efficiencies, to connecting them to others within his professional network, Brian is focused on helping clients identify and implement cost-savings strategies year-round.
Brian serves clients in several industries, but focuses on the telecommunications, not-for-profit, and technology and life sciences industries, ranging from early stage to mature organizations. In addition to assurance engagements, he consults with clients on process improvement, internal control review and financial close assistance. He has run projects to help implement new accounting standards related to lease accounting and revenue recognition, including in complex tech companies. Some of the technical topics Brian has handled for clients include business combinations, stock-based compensation and convertible debt. In addition, Brian has assisted clients with acquisitions, including due diligence and other financial preparation for upcoming sale transactions.
- Cohen & Company team manager; member of the audit & attest technical research group; active in the firm’s staff and business development efforts
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Volunteer)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Frequent blog author regarding not-for-profit and other business topics
- Serves as a den leader for a local cub scout pack
Brian lives in Brunswick, Ohio, with his wife and their two sons. Brian enjoys camping, hiking, and fishing.