Tom uses his acute listening skills to understand clients’ issues. He digs into the numbers to help his clients uncover the real financial health of the business. His analysis helps current owners extract better practices and profits, and helps potential owners understand the value of a proposed investment.
Tom splits his time between acting as an on-the-ground adviser for his clients and as a detailed analyst for organizations considering acquisitions. Well versed in many industries, Tom particularly focuses on many of the firm’s larger professional service clients. Through a structured performance management process, he helps clients create improved methods to manage their businesses, increase profits and motivate personnel. His years of experience also give him a unique perspective when evaluating potential target companies for businesses, private equity and venture capital funds, and other financing sources. As an analyst, Tom provides middle-market due diligence services, evaluating the business risks, earnings, assets and other business matters of target companies. In addition, Tom provides guidance in financing alternatives, including many government-supported programs and non-traditional funding sources.
- Leader of the firm’s Service Industry Group
- Growth Capital Corporation (Executive Committee, Past President)
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Trustees of Applewood Centers (Chairman of the Board)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Bay Presbyterian Church Board of Deacons (Treasurer)
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Ohio Financial Services Advocate of the Year (2003)
- Former board member and/or officer of Jaycees, Junior Achievement, fund-raising division of United Way Services, Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE), and its Access to Capital initiative, and The Village Foundation of Bay Village
A self-proclaimed diehard sports enthusiast, Tom was a member of the track and cross country teams throughout college. His love for athletics was passed down to his three daughters; he and his wife love cheering them on at their educational and athletic activities in their hometown of Bay Village, Ohio.