Steve brings a real energy to client engagements. Trusted for both his technical and business savvy, he continuously seeks ways to improve and grow, including learning about new ideas and techniques that may help clients achieve greater success. Steve remains dedicated to working beyond what is expected without being asked, communicating early and often, and treating clients and colleagues with respect.
With more than 30 years as a CPA, including national firm experience, Steve is one of the firm’s technical resources for the application and implementation of audit and attest requirements, as well as the proper presentation of GAAP financial statement disclosures. He also has deep expertise in the area of SOC 1 and 2 reports. In addition to not-for-profit entities, Steve works with clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution.
- Co-Leader of the firm’s SOC Readiness and Compliance Group
- Leader Dogs for the Blind (Board of Directors Chair)
- Leader Dogs for the Blind Foundation (Board)
- Michigan Association of CPAs (Past Chair, Not-for-Profit Task Force)
- American Institute of CPAs
Steve and his wife reside in Washington Township, Michigan. In his free time, he enjoys jet skiing on Lake Saint Clair.