Ryan’s approach to working with clients is much broader than conducting an audit or review. His genuine personality and inquisitive nature cause him to dig deeper — with the goal of understanding any operational or strategic issues so he can better assist business owners.
Ryan conducts audits, reviews and various attest functions for clients in a number of industries, including manufacturing, distribution and professional service. He assists clients in navigating specific accounting issues and transactions, such as consolidations, business combinations, revenue recognition and inventory costing, and conducts related research. Throughout the course of his work, Ryan also adds value by offering best practices related to the internal control environment and financial reporting processes, and by preparing clients for relevant changes to reporting standards.
- Geographic lead of the firm's Akron office
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Hockey Players In Business Detroit Chapter (President)
- Association For Corporate Growth Detroit Next Gen (Steering Committee)
- Walsh Jesuit High School (Finance Committee)
- Greater Cleveland Neighborhood Centers (Past Treasurer)
Ryan lives in Hudson, Ohio, with his wife. A native Ohioan, he also has ties to Detroit, having lived there for four years to assist with Cohen & Company's expansion in the downtown area. Ryan is a true sports fan who spends time rooting the Cleveland Guardians, Cavs and Browns and is an active hockey player.