Ron built his reputation by advocating for small businesses and dedicating himself to the firm’s clients. As Cohen & Company’s founder, he championed the phrase “SQIF,” an acronym for service, quality, innovation and fun. This mantra embodied the firm’s philosophy of providing clients with the best possible technical advice and world-class service.
Ron officially retired as a stakeholder in the firm in 1999. Knowledgeable in many business and tax areas, throughout his career he consulted with individuals looking to get their business off the ground and provided ongoing mentorship. Ron’s active participation in the local business, civic and not-for-profit communities made him a well-known figure in Northeast Ohio.
- Founder of Cohen & Company
- Cohen Community Foundation (Former President), which provides funds to civic, art, cultural and entrepreneurial not-for-profit organizations
- Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage (Board of Trustees, Former Finance Chairman)
- Former board member and/or officer of National Small Business Association Advisory Council, Ohio Venture Association, Ohio Society of CPAs, Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank, American Institute of CPAs Federal Tax Division, Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School Accountancy Program, Small Business Administration, Council of Smaller Enterprises, Wahoo Club, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Leadership Cleveland Alumni Steering Committee, Jewish Community Federation, Cuyahoga County Private Industry Council, Cleveland Museum of Art (Planned Giving Council), Greater Cleveland Partnership (various committees)
- Former member of Cleveland Tax Club, Ohio Venture Association
- Has testified before congressional committees on small business and tax issues
- One of the Most Influential CPAs in the 100-year history of the Ohio Society of CPAs
- Association for Corporate Growth Dealmaker Lifetime Achievement Award
- Entrepreneurial Leadership Award
- Cascade Capital Corporation Lifetime Achievement Award
- Cleveland Chapter ORT Man of the Year
- Ohio Society of CPAs’ Public Service Award
- Crain’s Cleveland Business Businessman of the Year
- Ohio’s Accountant Advocate of the Year
Ron resides in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, and loves spending time with his three daughters and eight grandchildren. His other great passions in life include politics and sports. A loyal, long-time follower of the Cleveland Guardians, Browns, Cavaliers and Ohio State Buckeyes, anyone who ever worked with Ron in the Cleveland office will likely remember hearing the familiar sounds of Cleveland sports talk radio emanate from his office on a daily basis.