Integrity, honesty, passion, empathy and truly being the best at what you do are the uncompromising values Randy lives by and has driven into the firm’s culture. He recognizes that sustainable success comes from personal discipline, empowering others to thrive, understanding that mistakes are an important part of the journey, and always focusing on the client’s best interests.
Randy served as CEO of Cohen & Company from 1997 to 2022, leading the firm to grow more than 10 times in size and to significantly expand its accounting, tax and consulting services during his tenure. His commitment to developing long-term relationships has been a key component of the firm's success. Under his leadership, the firm focused on grooming a solid management team and quality financial business advisers, providing them with a platform to excel.
Randy enjoys sharing with the firm’s clients and partners his firsthand knowledge of what it takes to develop and run a successful business. Navigating mergers and acquisitions, offering proven negotiation skills, tapping capital resources, structuring ownership succession plans, and providing strategic and family wealth planning are all key areas of Randy’s expertise.
- CEO from 1997 to 2022; co-founder of the firm’s Akron office
- American Institute of CPAs (Board of Directors, Governing Council)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- The International Accounting Group (TIAG®) (Advisory Board)
- Greater Cleveland Partnership (Board of Directors and Government Affairs Council)
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (Board of Trustees)
- 50 Club of Cleveland
- Cleveland Magazine Cleveland 500 (2022, 2021)
- Frequent speaker at national conferences regarding business development, management and governance
- Serves on advisory boards for several private companies and not-for-profit organizations
- Previously involved with AICPA’s Major Firms Group (Chair), Akron Art Museum (Board of Trustees/Treasurer), Breakthrough Schools (Board of Directors), Case Western Reserve University (Visiting Committee), Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (Board of Directors), Summa Health System Foundation (Vice Chair), among many other organizations
Randy and his wife, Chris, live in Bratenahl, Ohio, and are the proud parents of three adult sons.