Patrick understands that not everyone is a “tax person.” He excels at understanding complex tax concepts and explaining them to clients in a digestible manner so they can concentrate on what they really care about — their business. Patrick enjoys working with derivative instruments and complex investment strategies, and helping his clients work through the tax challenges that accompany them.
Since joining the firm in 2014, Patrick has spent the majority of his career in the mutual fund/exchange-traded fund world. He has experience working with complex fund and investment structures, including interval, master-feeder, long-short and international funds. Patrick also has experience in the private fund arena, performing tax compliance services for hedge and private equity funds.
- Involved in business development, process innovation, recruiting, technical writing, training and staff development for the firm’s Tax Practice
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Greater Cincinnati Mutual Fund Association
- Author on Cohen & Company’s blog
- Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) (Volunteer)
- Service Trips to Baltimore and Cincinnati, focusing on hunger, homelessness and education
In his free time, Patrick is engulfed in athletics. Specifically, he enjoys following the Cleveland Browns and participating in intramural sports, and is a seven-time marathoner. Patrick lives in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, and loves exploring the city’s restaurant, cultural and park scenes.