An adviser everyone enjoys working with, Mike listens intently to his clients and then works diligently to help them be successful. Clients know Mike will always present them with the best options available to help them make their ultimate decision.
Mike's principal areas of expertise are advising privately owned businesses, overseeing tax planning and compliance, and participating in transaction structuring. He works with businesses that have a strong emphasis in real estate, tax credits and incentives, private equity, and sports and entertainment. In particular, Mike has developed special expertise in new markets, advanced energy and historic tax credits, and he serves on the firm’s team providing clients with expertise on opportunities stemming from the Inflation Reduction Act. He also has advised many start-up companies on formation issues and tax strategies.
- Former Partner-in-Charge of the firm's Tax Department
- Notre Dame Club of Cleveland (Scholarship Committee, former Treasurer)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Published in the August edition of the AICPA Tax Advisor’s “Tax Clinic”
- Speaker at numerous conferences and trainings on tax planning for real estate transactions, financing renewable energy and NMTC compliance
- Crain’s Cleveland Business 40 Under 40 award (2019)
- Former adjunct professor in Cleveland State University’s Master of Accountancy Program and former member of AICPA Passing Score Panel
Mike lives in Bay Village, Ohio, with his wife and their three sons. In addition to family time and coaching sports for his children, Mike enjoys being outdoors and running. Even with a few marathons under his belt, the best run of the day for Mike is when he takes his sons out around the neighborhood or the Rocky River Metroparks.