An adviser everyone enjoys working with, Mike listens intently to his clients and then works diligently to help them be successful. Clients know Mike will always present them with the best options available to help them make their ultimate decision.
As partner in charge of the firm’s tax services, Mike is responsible for the execution of strategy, delivery of client service, and development and retention of talent related to all tax services. Mike also devotes a significant amount of his time to tax consulting and compliance for the firm’s clients. His principal areas of expertise are advising privately owned businesses, overseeing tax planning and compliance, and participating in transaction structuring. He works with businesses that have a strong emphasis in real estate, tax credits and incentives, private equity, and sports and entertainment. In particular, Mike has developed special expertise in new markets, advanced energy and historic tax credits. He also has advised many start-up companies on formation issues and tax strategies.
- Case Western Reserve University Accounting Advisory Board
- Notre Dame Club of Cleveland (Scholarship Committee, former Treasurer)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Speaker at various local and national conferences
- Published in the August edition of the AICPA Tax Advisor’s “Tax Clinic”
- Various trainings on creative tax planning for real estate transactions, financing renewable energy, and NMTC Compliance and Asset Management Conference
- Crain’s Cleveland Business 40 Under 40 award (2019)
- Former adjunct professor in Cleveland State University’s Master of Accountancy Program and former member of AICPA Passing Score Panel
Mike lives in Bay Village, Ohio, with his wife and their three sons. In addition to family time and coaching sports for his children, Mike enjoys being outdoors and running. Even with a few marathons under his belt, the best run of the day for Mike is when he takes his sons out around the neighborhood or the Rocky River Metroparks.