Clients immediately respond to Marie’s energy, enthusiasm and true passion for the fast-paced and challenging public accounting world. Her positive attitude combined with her varied experience at regional and national public accounting firms allow Marie to bring a unique perspective and depth to clients’ organizations.
Marie has close to 20 years of experience performing assurance services to closely held businesses. She helps private companies of all sizes work through a variety of technical issues, including revenue recognition, accounting for complex debt and equity instruments, business combinations, and franchisor and franchisee-specific matters. She also provides consulting services to assist clients with special projects, such as consulting on the implementation of accounting standards, internal control studies and audit readiness. Although she works with clients in a number of industries, an additional focus area for Marie lies in working with not-for-profit organizations. Her significant background gives her the necessary credentials and knowledge to perform audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
- Member of the firm’s senior leadership team, co-leading the go-to-market efforts for closely held businesses
- Leader of the firm’s Not-for-Profit Group; member of Cohen & Company’s technical leadership team
- American Institute of CPAs Private Companies Practice Section (Technical Issues Committee, Chair of section covering assurance issues)
- Ohio Society of CPAs (Women’s Initiatives Committee, Inaugural Member)
- Greater Akron Chamber (Board of Directors)
- Victim Assistance Program of Summit County (Board of Directors, Audit Committee Chair)
- Habitat for Humanity of Summit County (Immediate Past President)
- Firestone Akron Swim Team (Vice President)
- Leadership Akron (Class of 2012)
- Ohio Society of CPAs Defined Success Award (2019)
- American Institute of CPAs Leadership Academy (2011)
- Greater Akron Chamber 30 for the Future Award (2013)
- Former member and/or officer of AICPAs Women’s Initiative Executive Committee, and Ohio Society of CPAs Executive Board and Audit Committee
Marie lives in Akron, Ohio, with her husband and their three children. They spend each weekend cheering on their kids at local and national swim meets, baseball games and soccer matches. Marie is also an avid volunteer in the Akron community.