Karen’s razor-sharp organizational skills and ability to prioritize allow her to handle multiple, complex projects while still responding quickly to her clients’ urgent tax needs.
Karen focuses her tax expertise on state and local taxation as it relates to property, income and franchise tax. Many of the clients she works with, primarily partnerships in a variety of industries, have multi-state activity. Accordingly, Karen has conducted numerous state nexus studies, exposure calculations and voluntary disclosures projects, and has assisted clients with state audits. She also researches specific transactions to determine taxability for clients.
- Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley Community Leadership Council (Board)
- Boardman Deep Freeze Ice Skating Club (Officer)
- Boardman Center Middle Schools PTA (Officer)
- Youngstown Business Professional Women (Former Officer)
- Mahoning Valley Young Professionals 25 Under 35 award (2018)
- Sunday School religious education teacher
- Cohen & Company's Emerging Leadership Program (Class of 2023)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
Living in Boardman, Ohio, Karen loves family outings to the zoo and various museums, or just spending time at the local park. Karen and her husband have two daughters, one of whom died in infancy.