As a former teacher, Jessica reaches others often by explaining not just how to do things, but why. She believes clients and their service team members need to keep open lines of communication, collaborate and insert a little fun into the process to work through issues and achieve the proper accounting for the business.
As a member of the Assurance Practice, Jessica’s work spans the gamut from compilations and reviews to financial statement audits and employee benefit plan audits. She works primarily with manufacturing, distribution and professional services clients both locally and across the country.
- Involved in the firm’s independence process and internal inspection/peer review teams, staff training for the Assurance Practice and the Cohen Cares Committee
- American Institute of CPAs (Women's Initiatives Executive Committee, Student Recruitment Committee)
- Ohio Society of CPAs (Women's Initiatives Committee)
- Saint Mary’s College Alumnae Association (Vice President, Board of Directors)
- Alta Care Group Board of Trustees (Treasurer)
- United Way of Youngstown and Mahoning Valley (Finance Committee)
- Beatitude House Advisory Board (Finance Committee)
- Youngstown Business Professional Women (First Vice President)
- Junior League of Akron (Former Treasurer)
- Graduate of the AICPA’s Leadership Academy (2019)
- Mahoning Valley 25 under 35 Awards (2018)
- Irish Echo’s 40 Under 40 Irish American Honoree and Empowering Women Award Recipient (2022)
- Junior Achievement (Volunteer)
Jessica resides in her hometown of Girard, Ohio, with her husband and their Maltese poodle. Jessica and her husband enjoy traveling to places where they can hike and bike, as well as checking out local breweries and wineries. A couple of Jessica’s top favorite trips include her Hawaiian honeymoon and the school semester she spent in Rome, Italy — which included attending the winter Olympics in Torino. Jessica also enjoys reading and spending time with friends and family.