Dave’s deep technical tax knowledge coupled with the instant rapport he builds with clients makes him one of their most sought-out advisers when large, complex projects are at stake.
Dave focuses on tax planning, reporting and minimization strategies, including entity, retirement and succession planning; state and local tax issues; and credits and incentives. A member of the firm’s Real Estate & Construction Group and integral in the national Tax Credits and Incentives Group, he also specializes in deal analysis, new markets tax credits, historic tax credits, renewable energy credits and incentives, and general business consulting for real estate clients.
- Cohen & Company Board Member; member of the firm’s senior leadership team, co-leading the go-to-market efforts for real estate and construction
- Cohen & Company Tax Senior Team Leader
- NAIOP Northern Ohio (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) (Past President)
- NAIOP Ohio (Past President)
- NAIOP National (Tax and Finance Committee); various additional roles (Government Affairs Program at federal, state and local levels; commenting on proposed legislation; meeting with Congress and Ohio’s General Assembly)
- Team NEO (RightSites Council)
- Greater Cleveland Partnership (GCP) (Middle-Market Committee)
- Cleveland State University (CSU) Alumni Association (Past President)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- The Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Member of the Year, Northern Ohio Chapter of NAIOP
- Member of the Year, NAIOP National
- Speaker on various topics in the real estate industry
- Author for the AICPA’s Tax Advisor, Properties Magazine, Crain’s Cleveland Business and the Cleveland Plain Dealer
Dave lives in Concord, Ohio, with his wife and four children. He enjoys going to concerts, rooting for Cleveland sports teams and long-distance running. Dave has participated in many 5Ks, half marathons and the Columbus Marathon.