Corey believes very strongly in developing true partnerships with clients, creating a different level of engagement so clients are more than confident he will be there for them in whatever way they need. Corey is open and honest in his advice, and provides technical perspective that is well measured with practicality.
As national managing partner of the firm’s alternative investment services, Corey is responsible for strategic direction, growth and development related to work with hedge funds, commodity pools and digital asset funds.
Corey works directly with clients in the investment industry to provide accounting, auditing, investors’ representative, attestation and consulting services to a wide variety of entities. His focus includes commodity pools, hedge funds, commodity trading advisors and investment advisers that trade a variety of different investments. Corey also has significant expertise in audit and consulting for funds that trade digital assets.
- Cohen & Company Board Member
- Mid-Atlantic Hedge Fund Association (Treasurer)
- Towson University Accounting Advisory Board
- AICPA Digital Assets Working Group
- Frequent author for industry publications
- Frequent presenter on alternative investment topics
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- SmartCPA Award (2011)
- Former member of the Accounting Advisory Board of the University of Baltimore
Corey lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife and their two children. He likes to spend his spare time running and staying involved with his children’s sports, which includes soccer and lacrosse.