As CEO, part of Chris’ value to the firm and to clients is his ability to see the bigger picture and make key connections to identify opportunities and drive success. From overseeing the firm’s go-to-market initiatives, to developing and mentoring staff, to assisting clients in forging a strategic path, Chris remains focused on helping others in their endeavors.
Chris is responsible for strategic direction, growth and development of the firm’s services across its wide array of industries and markets. He also continues to serve some of the firm’s largest mutual fund and ETF clients in a variety of ways. With more than 20 years of experience in the investment industry and vast knowledge of its key stakeholders, Chris serves as audit partner on a variety of investment company engagements and provides advice and guidance on the development of new products, mergers and acquisitions, and business issues.
- Chief Executive Officer; Cohen & Company Board Chair
- Ohio University College of Business Executive Advisory Board
- Community Foundation of Lorain County (Former Director and Investment Committee Chair)
- Ohio University Finance Advisory Council (Past Member)
- Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club (Founding Board Member)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Ohio University Finance Department Alumni of the Year (2018)
- Crain’s Cleveland Business 40 under 40 award (2016)
- Ohio University School of Accountancy Young Alumnus Award (2004)
Chris lives in Avon Lake, Ohio, with his wife and three children, and is an avid golfer and Cleveland sports fan. Chris has visited more than half of the Major League Baseball stadiums with his two sons with a goal of seeing them all before his youngest son turns 18.