As a former college athlete, Angel understands the preparation it takes to know your team, know the game plan and execute it for the win. She uses this same approach when it comes to working with clients. Angel is always looking for that competitive advantage business owners can use to realize tax savings.
Since beginning her public accounting career in 2010, Angel has focused on tax planning and compliance, as well as reporting and minimization strategies for clients within the real estate and construction industry. She has deep expertise in the area of Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZ) and serves as one of the firm’s leaders in this area.
- NAIOP Northern Ohio (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) (Education Committee Chair)
- Case Western Reserve University Spartan Club (President)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Bethany Baptist Church
- Cleveland Leadership Center’s Bridge Builders Program (Class of 2021)
- Frequent speaker on the topic of Qualified Opportunity Zones
Angel loves watching and playing all sports, but especially loves cheering for Cleveland’s sports teams and the U.S. women’s soccer team. If not for her star role as an accountant at Cohen & Company, Angel’s dream job would be coaching women’s softball. She also loves spending time with her dogs in the park. Angel lives in Fairview Park, Ohio.