Aly relishes the complexities of the investment industry. As one of the firm’s technical leaders, she challenges herself to stay on top of regulatory changes and to communicate the potential impact to help clients remain compliant.
Aly serves as the firm’s partner in charge of risk and quality management and leader of the Risk Management Council, in which she oversees the system of quality control, including independence matters; risk management issues; overall audit quality; and technical consultation process. She also serves as the firm’s primary liaison with the PCAOB and other regulatory agencies. Since joining the firm in 2006, Aly's client work has been focused on providing audit and other attest services to various entities focused in the investment management industry, including mutual funds, hedge funds, venture capital funds and investment advisers. She is also responsible for coordinating services for her clients as well as serving as the engagement quality review partner for numerous clients whose portfolios include a wide range of investments and objectives, complex debt instruments, derivative instruments (options, swaptions, swaps, futures, etc.), illiquid and hard-to-value securities, controlled foreign corporations (CFCs), and other private investments for both registered and non-registered investment companies.
- Technical Director of the firm’s Registered Funds and Alternative Investment Groups; partner in charge of the firm’s Risk Management Council; member of the firm’s Retirement Plan Committee
- Firm contact for the PCAOB (annually inspected firm)
- American Institute of CPAs (Investment Industry Expert Panel)
- AICPA Center for Audit Quality (Professional Practice Executive Committee)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Frequent presenter to internal and external audiences regarding regulatory developments, the implementation of new accounting, auditing and other technical standards, and consulting on the role of investment advisers and boards in those efforts
Aly lives in Avon Lake, Ohio, and enjoys reading, swimming and traveling with her husband and two sons.