Adam approaches each engagement in a straightforward and efficient way that keeps clients informed of progress and issues as they arise. Business owners value his honest advice and perseverance to get things done.
As partner in charge of the firm’s advisory services, Adam is responsible for the execution of strategy, operational performance, and development and retention of a highly talented team working in the areas of management consulting, transaction services, valuation services and accounting solutions.
In addition to leading the advisory team, Adam continues to assist clients across the country with business, accounting and tax issues for the real estate, construction, hospitality and retail/restaurant industries. Primarily working with commercial and residential developers and property management companies whose projects range from $5 million to $500 million in scope, he assists with daily business issues as well as tax planning and structuring; deal and financing assistance; investment analysis; forecast and projections; cash flow and common area maintenance (CAM) analysis; general business planning; conservation easements; cost certifications; and historic, new markets, and energy tax credits and incentives. Adam is a key member of the firm’s national Qualified Opportunity Zone practice, formerly led the firm’s Paycheck Protection Program efforts and has receivership experience.
- Cohen & Company Board Member; leads the Advisory Practice and co-leads the go-to-market efforts for real estate and construction
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio (Board Treasurer)
- Urban Land Institute – Cleveland (Advisory Council, Past Treasurer)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (Tax Policy Council)
- Frequent speaker on the topic of Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
Adam resides in North Ridgeville, Ohio, with his wife and three children. He enjoys spending time with his family and fitting in a round of golf when he can.