A resource for both clients and colleagues, Rob knows the complex and unique technical tax needs of the investment industry inside and out. So when a client asks him “what do you think of …” or “have you ever seen …” he can knowledgeably answer those questions and give a practical assessment of how it might impact the client’s situation.
With several years of prior experience in the tax department of a Big 4 firm, Rob provides tax compliance and consulting services to a diverse client base of open- and closed-end mutual funds, hedge funds, exchange-traded funds, private equity funds, family limited partnerships and the advisers to these funds. He oversees the tax services provided to the firm's investment company clients and serves as a technical resource on a variety of related issues, including structuring and start-up concerns, mergers and reorganizations, taxation of various debt and derivative instruments, and foreign investments. In addition, Rob has developed a specialized team that provides tax and accounting services to master limited partnership (MLP)-focused investment funds.
- Cohen & Company Board Member; leads the firm’s RICs, REITS and Financial Instruments Group; actively involved in technical training and staff development for the firm’s Tax Practice
- ICI Tax Advisory Group
- Frequent presenter and author on issues affecting the investment industry
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Learning About Business Program (Chair of the Board and Executive Committee)
- Junior Achievement (Volunteer)
- Formerly served as a board member for the Greater Cincinnati Mutual Fund Association and for the John Carroll University Accounting Advisory
Rob is a resident of Willoughby Hills, Ohio, where he lives with his wife and three children.